Saturday, March 6, 2010

Watermelon

I love WATERMELON! Yesterday I bought a "personal" size watermelon at Sam's club. This afternoon Kade and I cut it up and we are amost finished! We are both watermelon freaks! My only stipulation when it come to eating watermelon is that it has to be cold. I will eat it warm or at room temperature, but it is so much better cold. This watermelon isn't that great but yummmm....it doesn't matter. I will eat just about any watermelon. I could live off watermelon. I crave it all winter long and as soon as I see the first watermelon at the store I get so excited and buy them alot! Kamryn even likes it! Ryan isn't such a big fan, but that's okay, it just means more watermelon for Kade and I! I love just plain watermelon, nothing else, no salt, or dip. You should Google pictures of watermelon...interesting. Also I found this recipe...looks good. When I first saw the picture it looked like the pancakes were soft chips ahoy cookies. I think it sounds better than blueberry pancakes, not sure about it tasting better though.

http://www.watermelon.org/kids_recipes.asp

Kids Watermelon Sandwich Cookies
Kids will love them!


Ingredients
12 (3-inch) blueberry pancakes, cooled to room temperature
1/2 cup white frosting
6 (2/3-inch thick and 3-inch round) seedless watermelon slices, drained to remove excess moisture
Instructions
Evenly frost the bottoms of each pancake with the white frosting. Arrange six of the pancakes, frosting side up on a serving platter. Place a slice of watermelon on each of the frosted pancakes on the platter. Top each with the remaining pancakes, frosting side down. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serves 6.

I learned alot of things like how good watermelon actually is for your body. I knew it wasn't bad for your body but I found out that it's great for your heart and blood vessels and it's rich in antioxidants

One thing I am not a fan of is the artifical flavor of watermelon. It never tastes like watermelon!
signature

2 comments:

Young Family said...

I agree artificial doesn't taste like watermelon but watermelon Jolley Ranchers are my favorite.

Ryan said...

Holy smokes...why do I get the feeling when reading this that if you were speaking, it would be super fast. Seriously, you go from one random watermelon thought to the next with literally no transition. I wonder if this melon had some extra additives. Do you think my wife is a little excited about her watermelon?? =) I love you hunny! Glad you and Kade enjoyed your watermelon.