Friday, March 5, 2010

"The Look"

Have you ever got "the look" from strangers like, I can't believe she is letting her child do that? I know that I am guilty of giving them, of course when I give them I think the parent is being stupid. Usually the look is more directed at the child and the Mom is too busy to even notice the child or "the look". So maybe someone thought I was being stupid today. Actually when I get these looks it is almost ALWAYS for the same reason and it is only given by the people who work at these stores that I actually get "the look" from and honestly I ignore them. Haha even when they make a comment.
Kade likes to climb in and out of the cart himself. I stand and let him do it and I am there if he falls. Well today he was climbing into the cart at Sam's club and the lady at the door gave me "the look" and walks over telling Kade (me), "You better not do that, you are going to tip the whole cart over." I politely ignored her and her comment, Kade climbed up and we went on our way. I am his Mom, I am right there and yes maybe I am letting my son do something stupid, but he loves to do it and he has been doing it for quite some time now and I know what he is capable of doing. Then while we were in Sam's club they had this nice couch I was admiring and I sat down on it. Kade said he wanted to try. I walked back to the cart and he proceeded to climb out himself. I glanced the other way and there was a Sam's club worker walking by shaking her head at me. I was right in front of Kade and if he were to start to fall I was right there to catch him. I am sure they have seen kids fall out of the cart many times with how kids are, but it was kind of funny because she was staring right at me shaking her head! Many times I have been at Target and got the same response from the old lady workers. I ignore their stares and their comments and laugh a little inside. maybe it is my own little way of being rebellious!
Also just wanted to share some pictures of the kids at the park today. We had a little picnic and I let Kade play and we went for a walk around the pond.
This is how Kamryn spent most of the walk. No she isn't asleep. She just enjoyed looking at the ground or the wheels. Who knows?






signature

2 comments:

Ryan said...

You go on with your rebellious self girl! (Snapping fingers). LOL! That is too funny when we get the "look". I usually want to comment back...maybe something as childish as "You better loose that look, or it will stay that way." Then of course there will be that day when one of our kids will fall and we won't be there to catch them. Knock on wood.

Jenny from the Blog said...

They gotta fall down sometimes...literally and figuratively! I do the same thing. LOL!!