Sunday, March 14, 2010

Excuses

I have been pregnant for quite a while now. Of course there were breaks between these three pregnancies but sometimes I forget what it feels like to not be pregnant. I have realized that there are a few perks/excuses that pregnant people get like:
  • I have an excuse to have a belly.
  • I have an excuse to be forgetful...it's true pregnancy and kids cause memory loss!
  • I have an excuse for sleeping in late or being sleepy.
  • I have an excuse not to clean the shower. Too much chemicals with not enough ventilation.
  • I have an excuse to get a pedicure once I get so far along in the pregnancy (I am getting to that point) It's tough to bend over when there is a hard mass in your tummy. For men out there stick a basketball in your shirt and try and touch your toes....that's how it feels!
  • I have an excuse why I haven't been running (even though I want to be).
  • I have an excuse to sit down in a crowded place without feeling bad for those standing waiting for a seat around me.
  • I have an excuse for taking the most comfortable seat at a work meeting.
  • I have an excuse not to lift the heavy things.
  • I have an excuse to cry or bawl over things and not look silly. For example, we were at Culver's on Friday. For example they showed a replay a million times of a last second winning shot in a college basketball game and the shot was from almost half court...the guy made it. I cried...I told Ryan that was a miracle shot and there must be a reason why they made it. I know stupid and silly. I had chills and everything! haha
  • I have an excuse to eat a little more, or often...like during church. It doesn't look as bad that I am eating Kade's Fruitloops during church when I am pregnant.

I can't think of anymore right now, but feel free to add your own in my comments. I would love to hear them.

I enjoy being pregnant. There are some things that aren't fun about being pregnant but they are definitely worth sacrificing for the end reward. I love my kids. I am thankful for a fertile body that has never had to try hard to get pregnant. My heart aches for those that have a hard time. I imagine that it is one of the most frustrating and possibly heartbreaking trials that someone can go through. I wish getting pregnant was as easy for them as it is for me. Although they probably have other things in life that are easy for them that are hard for me. I know God planned and knows are trials and they are only there to help us grow.


signature

No comments: