Thursday, March 25, 2010

Big Boy!

I woke up nice and early this morning to go to the doctors. I had a BPP(bio physical profile) ultrasound and got to see little Keegan! It seems like it's been so long because at my last few appointments the doctor hasn't used the machines that are just in his office for fun. It was good to see the little guy. Although sometimes it is scary, sometimes I am afraid that if he hasn't been super active that they will pull up the screen and I will see the horrible nightmare I have seen before. The cord is by his neck, which wasn't what caused Kooper's death but it's still scary! I am sure he will move around and next week it won't be there! You heard that right, next week. Now that I will be 28 weeks in a few days I will be having weekly ultrasounds and visits with the doctor.

Anyhow Keegan is looking good. When Kade saw the ultrasounds he shouted, "I can't wait to see my brother!" He is measuring 2 pounds 14 ounces (that would be the 90th percentile and 2 weeks ahead.) According to the doctors measurements I am 1 week ahead. When they were doing the ultrasound calculations just based on his femur measurement alone the EDD (expected due date) was June 1st! So looks like we got a big boy coming! The doctor recommended that I cut back on the carbs (pouty look) if I don't want him to be HUGE! I am just sad because most of my favorite foods are carbs! It's a good thing watermelon and strawberry season are coming. Fruits, cheese, meats and last of all veggies(yuck) will be my food! . My placenta was in the way as usual so the tech didn't get the best shots...but there will be many more to come :)




signature

1 comment:

Lori said...

Thanks for leaving me a comment! I can't believe how much detail you can see in those pictures. Pretty awesome!