Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I got scammed...well I think I did.

I just wanted to say thanks for the sweet comments yesterday. I was just having a hard day. Today was much better and it was so nice to get out of the house. Ryan had the day off and we went to the outlets and then I had to run to Target. It has been a nice day. The only downer is that we were coming out of Target and a nice sweet girl, probably about 25 or so come up to us with glossy eyes and asked us for a dollar or two because her car ran out of gas...so she says. Ryan gave her a couple dollars. Then we just kind of watched her a little bit and she goes over to a green SUV hands the money to a guy and heads off to another end of the parking lot to get some more money. Maybe they did run out of gas...but it didn't look like it. It looked like she was scamming people.But who am I to judge? Ryan has seen it before. There are really professional bums out there.

When Ryan first moved to Phoenix he and his Mom saw a lady asking for money on a corner with her cardboard sign and dressed like she had not had a shower in a while and like she slept outside and had no home. Well a few blocks away they were eating at Wendy's when they watch the same lady walk to the back of the Wendy's look around to see if there were many people around and jumped into a really nice Lexis and drive off.

I have no problem giving to those in need and helping people out. It is what Jesus would do right? But when you get taken advantage of it makes you feel like crap. I hardly ever give strangers money, part of the reason is I hardly ever have cash. One time when I was approached by someone who was asking for a few dollars I gave them some extra donuts that I had in my car. I took them to work and they didn't all get eaten. I felt good, and I knew that way that I was able to help. I guess either way God sees the charity that I give and I will be blessed for it, even if the person I gave it to is a scammer!

On another note I have been craving Wendy's bread sticks like CRAZY! Does anybody remember those? They were only 25 cents! You could also get one if you got the salad bar....yummmm.....they were the best bread sticks ever. They would beat Olive Garden any day. I am still trying to figure out why they got rid of them. I tried to find an old picture of them....no luck.

signature

1 comment:

Jenny from the Blog said...

I had the same thing happen to me a while back but it's all you can do to give them what you are able to. What they do with it is their choice. Their judgement day will come and they will have to answer about why they lied to so many people and took advantage of them.

:o)