Thursday, March 11, 2010

Picnic at the park

Today after preschool I took the kids for a picnic at the park. Kamryn has a new love for grass. She was so fascinated by it. She just kept rubbing her hand back and forth over it. As soon as Kade was done with his lunch he was off playing with kids. I started to clean up and a little boy walked up to me and just stared. His Mom came over a few minutes later with her 6 other kids in tow. She told me that her little boy said he wanted to say hit to the pretty baby. So Kamryn had 5 kids oohing and awwing over her. She thought it was the best thing ever. She just laughed and smiled and patted her hands on her legs and was so excited to have so much attention. She even started to babble a little. I don't think she has had that many kids all around her staring at her. The other 2 kids were smaller and in the stroller asleep. One of them probably around the age of 7 just picked her up and wanted to carry her. It was kind of strange. She asked me how many kids I had. I lied...well a white lie. I said two. I honestly didn't feel like opening up to all these kids and their Mom. The whole thing was kind of an uncomfortable situation. I kind of felt ashamed for not mentioning Kooper, like I betrayed him. I am sure he could care less and I am sure he understands. After I said two I wanted to change my mind. I didn't say anything, I just stared at this women in amazement with all 7 of her children...she was going to the grocery store, with all of them...I think the oldest one was probably 10, and the youngest was 6 months, you do the math. I thought...wow that could be me, then I thought again and said to myself, Not in a million years! haha. I get teased by my family about being pregnant 3 years in a row. My dad calls me Louise...that's his Mom's (my grandma's) name. She had 9 kids. I don't' know how close in age they are but I know a few of them are pretty close in age. He also teases me about watching 19 kids and Counting. He tells me I better stop!

I don't know what it is about being pregnant, it causes me anxiety at times, and worry, but feeling your baby kick is one of the best things in the world. I think mostly it reminds me of Kooper. That was the only time I got to really spend with him. So I enjoy the feeling of being pregnant as long as I am not sick. I don't know what it is about those little babies, it would be a lot easier if they didn't grow so fast! About a month ago I saw a little 4 week old when I dropped Ryan off at work and just wanted to hold her in my arms. They grow too fast. I am sure God made it that way so that we would have more than one!

Only I am not getting pregnant anytime soon. Believe me. My body needs a break! I won't officially say this will be our last because I don't want to go back on my words, but lets just say it will definitely be at least a few years away!

signature

No comments: