Monday, November 22, 2010

Me?

You know those people that can't wait to get the Christmas decorations out and love that even though Halloween just ended that the Christmas decorations are out? Or when living in colder climates love that the first fall of snow makes them want to turn no the Christmas music and sit by the warm fire and drink hot chocolate?
Well....that's me!  Don't get me wrong I do appreciate Thanksgiving for it's meaning and being thankful, but honestly I have talked about this before I am not a fan of Thanksgiving food (pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes and gravy, yams, cranberry...) I do like a few traditional foods but that's about it. Some may think that because my house already has the Christmas lights on it (which my husband won't let me turn on cuz he is embarrassed) means that I am skipping Thanksgiving when in fact the wonderful feelings I have listening to Christmas music and having all the Christmas decorations out (no mine aren't all out yet...a few of them are though) reminds me of being Thankful even more.  So honestly I don't care if you think I am ridiculous for having my Christmas lights up, decorations out, and listening to Christmas music. I am happy and I am thankful and I wouldn't have it any other way (don't judge!).

I think that I have always been the first in my family to jump right in to getting the Christmas decorations out and start decorating.  I LOVE it!

My Christmas shopping is almost complete and now I can relax and enjoy this wonderful festive time of year with my family.

Silly me!

signature

1 comment:

Jenna Burningham, OTR/L said...

Me too bring on Christmas and everything that goes with it.

How can you not love a season that celebrates Christ. He has helped make it possible for us to repent and have eternal families- the greatest gift of all. I think that one of the reasons I LOVE buying gifts is because when you buy someone a thoughtful gift you really think about that person. Who they are and how lucky you are to have them in your life.

I will continue to celebrate the season starting the day after Halloween. Now do you wanna help me come up with an awesome- REASON of the SEASON type FHE?