Monday, October 11, 2010

Liar, Liar (memory Monday)

Kade has inherited this trait from me.  He may think it isn't a good trait but I am sure Ryan and I will benefit greatly from this trait as long as it sticks and he doesn't outgrow it. 

I can't lie....very well anyways. As a kid my parents always knew when I was lying because as soon as I went to respond to a question and it wasn't the truth I would start laughing, have a big smile on my face and turn red.  So needless to say I tried to be a good kid because I knew I wasn't going to be able to get away with much. If my parents wanted to know something...who do you think they asked? Yep me!  Plus I would tell on my sisters in a heartbeat, especially when I was younger and the odd man out.  I think that is a middle child thing...

Up until recently Kade always told the truth even when he knew he was going to get in trouble for it. Now he tries to lie and the same thing that happened to me happens to him. He gets a big grin on his face and starts laughing. I eventually lie to him and tell him I saw him do whatever he did because I definitely know he is lying and then he says, "You saw that?" and I tell him, "Yep!" and he says, "Aww man!" Which confesses it all!

Hopefully he continues to be horrible at lying, especially as he gets to be a teenager!

signature

No comments: