Saturday, October 16, 2010

First Kiss

Tonight Kade and I went to Target. Just the two of us. It is fun to go somewhere with just the two of us. I don't have to worry about the other kids or him bothering the other kids. It is nice because we actually talk more and better when we are alone. Usually we can't hear each other because Keegan is crying or Kamryn is yelling or being loud.  I wanted to test out a few of the learning toys (Vreader/Leapster Tag) and see which one he liked better and would work for him. On a side note I loved the idea of the vreader but it was so much more expensive and so were the books, but I didn't see a very big selection of books to choose from where as the Tag had 8 books that I know he would like.  So I am leaning towards getting the Tag. Anyhow on the way home we were talking and somehow kissing girls got brought up.  He was giggling in the back and saying that he was going to kiss Taylor because Hunter told him to. I told him that he shouldn't do something that somebody else tells him too, besides he is too young to kiss girls.  So he said but I like to. I told him that he has to wait until he gets married! He agreed!

It brought me back to my "first kiss!" Sounds pretty juicy huh? Not so much. For a couple reasons: 1. It was my first kiss I gave to another boy on the nose. 2. I was only 4 or 5 years old.

I remember it like it was yesterday.  I remember his name where it was and the embarrassment of my mom telling my dad. 

So this boy named Weston (I will spare him the embarrassment and leave out his last name just in case) lived two houses away from mine. If I remember right he was pretty new to the neighborhood. We were playing in the bed of my Dad's old orange and white Ford truck.  I pricked him on the nose with a pin or something sharp and then I kissed it.  I think we might have been playing house or something like that. I don't remember if my mom saw or if I told her but I remember my dad coming home for his lunch break and I was hiding on the other side of the kitchen counter where the bars stools went. I remember listening to my Mom tell him the story and then him saying, "Kami" long and drawn out like I was in trouble.  I was so embarrassed, I am sure I was bright red.  I am also pretty sure that he gave me a nice little talk about not kissing boys, especially at the innocent young age of 4 or 5.

Maybe another day I will tell you all about my first kiss....on the cheek of course!

signature

No comments: