Sunday, February 28, 2010

Strange Sunday

I have had a strange Sunday. It just seems so out of the ordinary to me. First of all, last night we set our alarm for 6:30am due to 8:00am church. Well I woke up to, "Oh Crap!". Either our alarm didn't go off or Ryan turned it off in his sleep. I guess that's what we get for staying up so late Saturday night! Then seconds later I hear Kamryn cry...she slept through the night by the way. Either that or I was just sooo tired last night I didn't hear her cry just like I didn't hear the alarm clock. I walk into her room and her Baby Einstein music toy is on...which she can't reach. I think Wow she must have stood up! Then I see Kade rocking in the rocking chair. He says, "She doesn't like her music."

So we rush and get ready for church. This week we swapped buildings so that another stake could have stake conference and use the stake center. So we were in a completely different church. It was kind of funny because every once in a while you would see a family walk in to sacrament and then look at each other and look around and walk right out. They must have forgot we were swapping buildings.

Then we go to walk out to the car to go home and we hear sirens....there was a car accident right by the church and there were 3 fire trucks and as we drove off we saw a life flight helicopter.

Kade showed me a picture of our family that he drew. I have NEVER seen him draw a picture of people. Just scribbles and lines, but he drew everyone in our family. I don't know if someone in his class showed him how but I was so proud. When we got home he drew everyone again.

Then he and I played a little game. I wrote every one's name in our family on a small piece of paper. I folded them up and he drew a name and then would have to tell me what name he drew. He did pretty well. He only go confused on Kamryn, Keegan, and Kooper. He got Kade, Kami, Ryan, CJ, and Perry really well.

Then I went to take a nap and had one of the BEST naps ever! Maybe because it was dark. Kade even fell asleep with me and we slept for a good 2-3 hours!

Now it's time for dinner and I'm starved....by the way Ryan tells me I am in about 2nd place in our Fantasy NASCAR league...and for the past 2 weeks I have forgot to even change my drivers....haha Maybe that should be my tactic to win!

signature

1 comment:

Jenna Burningham, OTR/L said...

Hooray for sleeping through the night and Kade and his name reading skills! He rocks. Which reminds me another good way to "practice" him drawing his prewriting shapes is by teaching him to draw things...Like people/animals (thats great that he did a family one). Oh and for name writing...have him write his name on things (that you are ok with). For example buy some paper plates/cups and have him write his name on it every morning. You can write your name on your as well. That way its his and he can use it all day...No one else. :)