Friday, February 5, 2010

Silence

Ahhhhhhh.....silence. I love the silence right now. Kade and Kamryn are asleep and I finally have a little time to myself. This is something that I am starting to struggle with just a little bit. I work less and so my main job is just being a Mom. It's hard. Before when I was working full time hours I felt that it was okay that I don't do the dishes today or that my house is not clean because I have a whole other job and I deserve a break. Now that most of my work is being a mom and taking care of my kids, which I do love, I just feel overwhelmed sometimes. I love my kids very much but I feel like I don't ever have time to myself or silence. Kamryn isn't loud but Kade is. He is fun to be around but today he was driving me CRAZY! The kids went to bed early...well at least Kade did. I needed some time to myself before I went crazy. Now the house needs picked up and clothes washed and folded and I just want to do nothing. Well actually that's a lie. This is what I want to do and if I manage to find a babysitter by next Saturday night this is what I will be doing: Going to the Olive Garden with Ryan and then off to a movie. That's all I want!
I am done now. I am done whining. I love my life and my kids and I should just get over it! I am sure there will come a day when I just want them to be home, I want them to bug me and they won't.

Dear Kade,
Could you please not strip down to your underwear and refuse to put your clothes back on. Also would you please stop getting every toy imaginable out. I don't like your excuse when it is time to clean up that your can't because your hands are full of other toys. Thanks for telling me that you love me and for brushing my hair this morning! One more thing.....don't scare your sister. I love you!
Mommy


Dear Kooper,
Could you please watch over your siblings? I am sure you already are but I just thourght I would ask. Visit us often and make me prouder than I already am. I love and miss you! XOXOXO
Mommy

Dear Kamryn,
You did such a good job sleeping through the night last night, could you please keep doing it? I enjoy the regular 8 hours but 11 hours is unbelievable! You are such a cute chubby girl, you have no idea what is coming, but I hope you love babies! I love you!
Mommy

Krue or Keegan or whatever your name is....baby.
Continue to kick me as much as you want. I always enjoy it. It eases my mind. Continue to grow and be a healthy baby and don't do any funny stuff like flip around too much. I don't want you to get tangled in your cord. I can't wait to meet you....well actually I can wait, but I am very excited. I love you!
Mommy

Ryan,
Thanks for listening to my crazy theories or superstitions. Thanks for being a good husband. I miss you. Thanks for not complaining about the things that I don't get done. These new work hours stink but I know that we will SURVIVE! I love you!
Kami

signature

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Oh Kami, your post made me laugh & cry. I so know what you mean. I get so upset with myself when I wish away these moments with my kids. They are growing up so fast. Just know that it's okay if the dishes don't get done. It's okay of the kids make messes. Jump in and make messes with them. Turn on some music and dance with them. get out crayons and paper and color with them. Sidewalk chalk is the best, especailly when you get the cement wet first. Take tons of pictures of everything. Blow bubbles in the back yard. Take them to McDonald's for ice cream and playland. Make cleaning up a game. Get Kade to help with dishes and laundry. He can put the silverware away, or fold wash cloths and socks.

The point is, there is nothing more important than the time and memories you have with your kids. They will never remember if the dishes were always done, or if the laundry was always folded. There's always time for that, but the time we have when they are young is fleeting.

I just posted a story on my blog. Go read it, I think it will hit home. Hang in there. Laugh more, play more, sleep more ;).