Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day

So my post is late but Ryan and I finally got to go on our Valentine's date today! YAY! It's been a while since we have gone out on a date and I was so looking forward to it. So...we went to lunch at The Olive Garden...one of our favorites that we just hate taking Kade to so we never go. Then the plan was to go see a movie, but I felt like I wanted to really ENJOY it just being us two and talk and spend time together instead of just staring at the movie screen. So we went to the mall and just walked around with NO KIDS! It was really nice to have some alone time together and not have to worry about Kade running wild. It was kind of funny because I had a seminar I had to go to and Ryan had some interviews to do at work so we met up afterwards and were both in business like clothing. While I was trying some shoes on at the mall we thought about playing a joke on the lady helping me with my shoes. Ryan was going to say, "Those shoes make your butt look good, do you think your husband would like them?" Or laughingly say something like, "Have you figured out whose baby that is yet, is it mine or your husbands?" The reason why we were even thinking those things were because when we went to the Olive Garden we probably looked like two co-workers going to lunch. They sat us at a table instead of a booth and the waitress wasn't sure who to give the check to. Ryan also accidentally wore his work badge in to the restaurant. I dunno maybe she could tell we were married or together but I wondered because it was lunch hour during the day

It was a perfect date and I can't wait to do it again. I do look forward to seeing Dear John, which was the movie we were going to go to, but now I have time to read the book before our next date!

Thanks Hunny for a GREAT DATE! I love you!


signature

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I had a blast today too hunny! It was fun just the two of us. It was very reminiscent of high school. Although we love our children, it is certainly a treat to get out an spend some time without them. I can't wait until our next date again. I love you...XOXO!

Nicki said...

I think that it so funny that you guys thought about doing that in the shoes store. My husband always does stuff like that and he thinks he is so funny. I just look at him and go along with it. It is fun to hang out just the two of us and pretent that we nothing in the whole to worry but each other. Then I get home and have to worry about what kind of object my kid is trying to put in his mouth. I love Life!