Saturday, February 27, 2010

Even with no teeth!

So if you didn't get a clue from this post that I am paranoid or over protective. Then let me tell you I finally gave in to letting Kamryn eat the Gerber dissolvable foods. The little yogurt things and the star puff things that I don't know the name of. Of course I break them in half.... (shaking my head) I know...I know...I am paranoid. Drowning and choking are my BIGGEST fears. You wouldn't think so because HELLO I am a Respiratory Therapist if anyone could handle that type of situation it should be me...right? Now do you know why I DON'T work in the hospital? I am scared of those situations. I guess anybody would and should be. But I guess I just need to have more confidence in myself.


Back to the point. Yesterday I finally let her eat these foods. I was waiting until she had at least one tooth to make me feel better, but decided that she does a good job of chewing when I give her breads and things that I am sure she would be fine. She did great and in the words of Jenna (my OT friend) even used the "pincer grasp"! The only hard part for her was actually getting them off her hand. Sometimes if they were slobbery they would stick. At one point she kept picking one up putting it up to her mouth and then pick another one up and then I would open her hand to find that she had 3 or 4 in her hand. She just liked the motion I guess. In not much time she finally got the concept of keeping it in between her fingers so that she could get it in her mouth!


It wasn't so scary after all. Now I just need to work on getting her to drink out of her sippy cup instead of chewing on it. She seems to think it's a toy or teether.

I also found out yesterday that she loves chocolate ice cream and spaghettios! Like mother like daughter!

signature

No comments: