Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pajamas

I don't know if I am in the cleaning mood because spring is coming, hence spring cleaning or if I am in fact starting to "nest". With Kamryn I never went through the nesting phase, ask Ryan. Although the dirty house bothered me I had no desire to clean. Maybe since I have more energy, since I am not working as much and I am home more it makes me want even more for my house to be clean. I am in the middle of doing the floors right now. I have swept and am now giving my back a rest before I start mopping. The horrible part about cleaning is finding other things that need cleaned (my baseboards and blinds and the top of my fridge) and also seeing things that need fixed/touched up by paint (the wall under the counter top and the baseboards and the places Kade chose to climb!). But it feels good to have a clean home...well partially clean. I have lots more to do. I really got on here to write about Kade's conversation with me while I was sweeping.

Kade noticed Kooper's outfit that you see in all the pictures of him. I have it in a glass cabinet with other things of his.

Kade pointing to the cabinet: "Mom, Kooper lost his pajamas!"
Me: "He didn't lose them,he just left them here on earth."
Kade: "We need to take them to him."
Me: "He doesn't need them right now."
Kade: "I want to see him. Can we take him his pajamas? I saw him, last night. (everything in the past is last night) I wore my suit and a tie, the blue one, and I held a flower and I took my picture." (he was talking about the funeral.)
Me: "You did see Kooper then."
Kade: "Can you tell Jesus Christ to bring him back home?"
Me: "I don't think he can bring him back home yet, but one day we will get to see Kooper and Jesus."
Kade:"Okay"

I am glad that telling him that he will see him one day eases his mind enough to move on and be happy with that. It's hard being a grown up because we know that one day could mean many many years.

signature

No comments: