Saturday, January 30, 2010

Please Vote

The TV show The Doctors are letting you vote for a topic to be discussed on the show. Stillbirth is such a taboo topic. Doctors don't talk about it much, (I bet if you asked they would) but most pregnant women don't think to even ask because it seems like something that used to happen. It still happens. I think it would be a great topic to put out there in the public and help make more pregnant women aware of the possibilities. All you do is go to the website http://www.thedoctorstv.com/produce/idea_comment/3963 , you do have to create an account to vote, but please do! I knew that stillbirth was fairly common 1/100 and have met many women who have experienced a loss like mine, but it is when you click on the site you can see comments below and almost everyone of them say that it happened to them and most of them as I did, had no clue that it was that common or that it could happen to them. I hope they pick that topic because I would love to see what information they might say about that topic.

Spread the word!

Thanks!

signature

1 comment:

Teri said...

I think its one of those things that any pregnant woman is too scared to think about... Pregnancy is such an unknown, because for 9 months you do the best you can, but never know till you deliver that baby..... For people who haven't suffered a loss, I think its just too emotional a time to even think of the possibility.