Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Last Song - Book Review sort of


So I just finished the book The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. I loved it! You don't even realize where the title of the book comes until almost the last chapter. It was really a great book. I had a hard time getting into the book for the first few chapters, but once I started reading I was hooked and finished within a few days. I love those kind of books, but why do they always have to be sad too? All of my favorite books about love or family end up being sad! I want to read Dear John next. I am excited to see the movie The Last Song with Miley Cyrus playing the main character Ronnie. It comes out on April 2nd, a few days before my birthday, guess you know what I will be doing for my birthday!
I love to compare the books to the movies. The book always wins but it's still fun. The part I don't like is that Ryan won't read these books, nor does he have time so when we watch the movie I am always wanting to add my two sense and tell him what was going on that they didn't really portray in the movie. I am so bad at that! I think Ryan likes it though. Then again he always is trying to ask me questions that will be answered if he will wait a few minutes... Hopefully I will get a babysitter lined up so we can actually go out on a date and see the movie in the theater.

I give this book 5 stars!

signature

4 comments:

Young Family said...

Come visit your family in Utah and let's go see it together. I LOVE Nicholas Sparks' books.

Zeb and Gentry said...

Sounds like a good book. I just finished "The Wednesday Letters." If you haven't read it, I highly suggest it. I forgot who the author is.

Shandi said...

I've wanted to read that book but hadn't heard much about it. I like a lot of Nichloas Sparks books. I'll have to read it now that I know its a good one :)

Jaime and Brent said...

I read this book about a month ago and Loved it too. Do you have a goodreads account? If not you should sign up I would love to find out what you think of all the books you have read.