Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Kicking

This morning I felt the baby move for the first time! Every once in a while I would think, I wonder if I can feel the baby move yet? and I would kind of rest my hand on my tummy and nothing or I would be interrupted. I even tried last night, nothing. So this morning as I started to wake up I rested my hand on my tummy and it was so quiet and dark and I felt some little kicking going on! I am definitely sure it wasn't gas bubbles! It is such an amazing feeling and my favorite part about being pregnant. It is what I miss the most after I have a baby. One of the only things I miss besides the excuse to have a belly! I think I am going to feel even better after we get our 20 week ultrasound. Where they check the baby out and make sure everything is looking good. It will be the first one he will have that actually checks out his body to make sure all his organs look good and he is measuring good.

Notice I haven't called him by a name yet?? It was funny because when Ryan got home from work last night. I told him everybody is asking for a name, since we always have names picked out before we know what the gender is. And Ryan immediately said, you mean Keegan's name. I just smiled. He knows I am not set on the name and that I prefer another name. He was pretty busy last night trying to catch up on work since he has been in a training class so last night we didn't get to discuss the "name issue". I am sure that conversation will come very soon. And I will let you know when we both agree on a name!

signature

3 comments:

Teri said...

what an amazing feeling...awe to feel that again..kicking....... you are truly blessed :) congrats.....oh and Keegan is a cute name ...... you know your readers are curious of the other name you're considering.....

dunnfamily2 said...

keegan is cute but i like the name you like just because it flows better with kade kamryn and kooper...there are no other soft syllables like the "ee" sound in keegan..i'm with you!!

Jenna Burningham, OTR/L said...

So happy you can feel him moving...Cant wait to see you! Hope all is well. I read all your posts. Sometimes I just cant comment because I am using my phone. Love you!