Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Date night with Kade!

I got to go on a date with Kade last night! I spend alot of time paying attention to Kamryn and taking care of her needs that I feel like sometimes Kade gets ignored. I wanted to take him to Alvin and the Chipmunks....I think it was called the Squeakle?? Anyways I was planning on taking him while we were in Utah for Christmas but I didn't get around to it. The local theater here has $5 movies on Tuesdays all day so yesterday Kade and I went to the movies. I was a little disappointed to find out that I wasn't going to be paying $5 for the movie. Apparently the movie has to be out for so long before it is the cheaper rate. I mean who wants to pay $17 for an adult and 1 kid ticket to see a 2 star movie? Since it was was the only kid movie there, and the only movie he wanted to see I paid the money and we watched the movie with 6 other people in the whole theater. Kade was wondering where everybody was! He really enjoyed going and I am glad that we were able to have some one on one time together.

Oh yeah the movie...not that great. I probably wouldn't buy it unless I got it for $5 or less. I do like the Chipettes though!

Another thing is with me being home with Kade alot and right now he is not in preschool (I so wish he was!) is that he gets antsy and bored during the day and ends up bugging CJ, Kamryn (especially during naps) or I. So today I got some brand new board games out for him and I to play. We played CandyLand 4 times, he won 3 and I won the last round. During the 2nd and 3rd game he kept trying to get me to cheat so that I could win or so that he would lose but I made him play the right way even though deep down it was driving me insane that he kept getting the Ice Cream princess card moving him to the end of the board! It was fun. We also played Connect 4 (he is still a little too young for that one) and Don't Spill the Beans. I feel bad that I HATE, I mean HATE to play cars or any sort of boy toys. I would rather go to the dentist! So hopefully I am redeeming myself by playing board games with him!

Kade, we should do a date night more often. It's fun to spend time together, just us two!

signature

No comments: