Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Motivation

I have been hoping for some sort of motivation. I am in a SLUMP! My procrastination list is getting longer and longer.

I need:

Motivation to pack: Moving day is not far out of site. It is coming up although no specific date has been set. But it is still coming and I still have pretty much the entire house to pack. This is my plan since we will be moving so close to our current house. Each day pack up a room. Take all the things I can carry and load into my car and then unload them into the room they will go in. So that way I won't be left with a ton of boxes laying around and when I need something I have to dig and dig and dig through them. I am thinking I will benefit mostly by doing this with the kitchen. Then when we have "official" moving day where we rent a U-Haul there will only be the big stuff left. Anybody tried this??? Is it a good idea or a bad one? I don't know. I will let you know.

Motivation to organize: (I think this one might not happen until I am unpacking). Why organize now when I will reorganize when we move. To expand a little more on that I mostly need to organize for a garage sale. I think as I unpack (since I will have lots more room) I will dedicate a space to everything that will go in our garage sale. Right now I am tripping over packed boxes in my hallway because they have no where else to go. So making a spot for that it IMPOSSIBLE right now.

Motivation to clean: (this one again may not come until after we move). Why clean my toilet now? Yes it disgusts me but I will clean it only to need to clean it in a week or two after we are gone from this house. (Anybody with 5 year old boys knows why my toilet needs to be cleaned!)

Motivation to scrapbook: Let's face it. That last time I did a real (non-digital) scrapbook page was for Kooper, in 2008. Yes, almost 2 years ago. (I lied...I actually did a scrapbook page for Young Womens...but that was because I had to). And most people that know me, know I love to scrapbook. I have a really hard time coming up with the idea or what exactly I want to do, but I do enjoy it. I think I know the TRUE reason why. I think it is because I don't like to clean up the mess (I really just want to have all my stuff out and use it when I want and leave it the way I want without cleaning it all up) and because Kade and Kamryn like to get into it. The last two times I have had scrapbook materials out my adhesive roll thing had been broken by my oh so cute 5 year old (which is oh so not cute!) For example I made this cute chart for the kids (mainly for Kade and for the rest of the kids when they get older). Anyhow I didn't put my scrapbook things right away, and before I know it Kade had broken the adhesive case. Thank you Kade!

Motivation to workout: So this has been HUGE for me. After I had Kamryn I started running and loved it! Well here I am Keegan is coming up on being 4 months old and I have barely gone out for a walk! In the mornings I am so tired and have no motivation to get my rear end out of bed. I desperately need it (especially after having 3 so close). On top of it all I am hungry 24-7 (it may be partially due to nursing) but I think it's mostly just me. It's so stinkin hot outside that I dread thinking about going out in the heat. I have been dreaming about a treadmill or elliptical. The time I crave to work out is after the kids are asleep at night. But with Ryan's schedule that doesn't work out too well. So if you know anyone wanting to get rid of their treadmill or elliptical for cheap let me know.

So tonight I did get a little motivation from watching the Biggest Loser. I haven't really watched that series, but I might start. Maybe I could work out while I watch?!

Also I did go through all of Kade's clothes and packed away all his clothes that don't fit any more. So that is more motivation for packing and organizing...right!?

Last but not least I am going to get off this computer now, and go clean up.

And here is my motivational quote for you (or for me)!

"You don't have to see the whole staircase,
just take the first step."
Martin Luther King, Jr.

signature

1 comment:

amyraye said...

don't worry about motivation, just do. do the very basic things first, the motivation will come later.

when we remodeled our house, we rented a house 3 houses down for 8 months. and i moved in pieces over the course of a week. i moved entire closets over first and then the entire kitchen. it was huge. i felt organized and moved in before we even slept there and had our furniture there. make sure you pack a couple separate suitcases like you'd be going on vacation for several days with enough clothes, toiletries, diapers, necessities, sunday clothes, kade's backpack, your day-to-day needs, etc to get you through the days while you're unpacking. it will be a lifesaver to not have to rip through every box looking for baby wipes. pack like your going to be on vacation for a few days or a week FIRST, then do all of your other "organizational packing".

good luck! love that you get to spread out a bit in a bigger home.