Sunday, August 22, 2010

Missing his brother

Yesterday we went to our friends little boy's birthday first birthday party. The kids had a blast playing with all the other kids there and I will post pictures soon! Anyhow as we pulled into the driveway and this is the conversation that Kade and I had:

Kade: said something that I am not going to repeat.
Me: We don't say that Kade.
Kade: Well a kid at school said it.
Me: Well we don't say it and Heavenly doesn't like it when we say things like that. It makes him sad.
Kade: Well I just want my brother Kooper to come back to live with us.
Me: I am sorry Kade, he can't though.
Kade: Well I just want him. Don' you want him to come back?
Me: Of course I want him to come back but he can't. One day you will get to see him again.
Kade: I remember seeing him when I was 3. (He was talking about when we had his funeral)

I feel bad when Kade talks about wanting to see Kooper again, I wish I could change things sometimes, but it also makes me happy that he remembers and misses him too and that he hasn't forgotten his little brother.

Love my boys!

signature

No comments: