Friday, May 14, 2010

Oh the joys!

The joys of pregnancy...this is not complaining, it's just documenting because I honestly can't remember if I had any of these problems with my other kids. I didn't blog or journal everyday like I do now. So to start I have cankles and my toes are swollen! Also yesterday I figured out my new problem. I was a little worried as to why when I wake up in the morning or anytime during the night to switch positions or go to the bathroom that my hands feel numb and are really stiff. It was weird to me because it wasn't even the hand that I usually lay on. If I put them under cold water they felt better or just after a few minutes of being up and around the feeling went away. Originally when I researched it I thought, no it's not carpel tunnel because it doesn't bother me during the day it's only at night. So I researched it and I have "pregnancy carpal tunnel" because of the water retention and swelling it can cause you to have carpel tunnel while you are pregnant and possibly for a short time after you have the baby. I am not surprised considering I had to take my wedding ring off just over a week ago because my hands are swollen. So if you see me without my ring...don't worry, Ryan and I are doing fine, it's just not fitting right now. I also noticed when I am sitting on the ground and go to stand if I put alot of pressure on my palm it sends a shooting pain.As of yesterday I have noticed it during the day in only my pinky. Fortunately it hasn't gotten too bad and I just started noticing it during the day. I know that it can be pretty painful. Hopefully it stays the way it is or goes away. Keegan is worth it all!

So today I had my ultrasound and they measured Keegan. He is measuring pretty big, 38 weeks to be exact and 6 pounds 12 ounces. They could be off...which I am hoping they are! So I am really watching the carbs, which totally stinks. I was cutting back a little but it's so hard...and now I am trying to almost completely (or as much as I can bare!) cut them all out...maybe I will lose a little weight doing this! But the important thing is that he is looking good and everything is going well. He just may be a huge baby!

Also today my friend Jenna came over and we made matching dresses for our little girls. It was lots of fun and I think we did pretty awesome for our first time making a dress. Here is a picture of just her in her dress. I haven't had time to make a matching bow yet...












I love to sew...even though I don't really know how and I don't do things the "proper" way...I would love to learn how to sew cool things one day...



signature

No comments: