Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cankles

I decided today that I want to compare my ankles now to after I have the baby (when all the swelling is gone), to see how swollen they actually got! They never go down to the normal size so I will have to wait for a while after I have the baby. Today I measured them and they are an inch bigger than Ryan's! I also decided to take a few pictures so I can remember my cankles! I remember after having Kooper one night I looked down at my legs and only 1 ankle was super swollen and I was worried that there was something wrong with me. I then did some research and it is common even after pregnancy to have swelling in the legs and ankles. I feel like an old diabetic lady when I look down at my feet, sandals are looking and feeling tighter. Sometimes I am embarrassed at my cankles and feet but I live in flip flops. I don't really own normal shoes that actually cover your feet besides Nike's and even those are feeling a little snug. Plus they don't look so good with my 1 pair of capris that I wash every other day because they are the only comfortable pants that I can wear out of the house. I have worn out my maternity clothes. Most of them are so faded and worn that I practically need to throw them away! I got 1 new maternity item with this pregnancy and it was a shirt my mom bought me. I remember last year when I was pregnant with Kamryn buying 4 pairs of capris. Well 2 of them are so worn that I can't wear them anymore and the other ones besides the pair I wear all the time are white so usually after about an hour in them one of my kids or myself has spilt on them and I have to change anyway.


Don't make fun of my ugly feet. But you can make fun of the cankles....


I know, I know I need a pedicure BAD! It's on my to do list next week! The marks on my legs are from sitting on the cord to the laptop....and the indents are from the couch....it isn't as bad as pitting edema but the littlest pressure for longer than a few minutes leaves a mark! haha I am going to miss you cankles....NOT!
signature

1 comment:

Jenny from the Blog said...

I have the SAME flip flop tan on my feet too!! I never wore anything other than flip flops when I was pregnant and on maternity leave...I'm actually a little proud of my tan! LOL!!

Oh and your cankles don't look that bad...really.