Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hormones - Warning...this is a venting post!

Either it's possible to get PMS while being pregnant or I am extra hormonal today. I have been pretty good, not having mood swings or being extra sensitive until today. It all started with Kade asking if we could go to the park. It seems really nice outside and so I agreed that I would take him to the park. So we go to the park. Everything was fine and dandy only it was hotter than it looked outside. So it's time to leave and I tell Kade that we have to go. He agrees but wants me to help him with the monkey bars one time before we go. I help him and he runs off. I get the stroller and go after him and right when I get to him he runs off another way. I yell his name to come here now but he just keeps going. He plays the chase around thing with me a few more times until I get a hold of his arm. But just before I catch him an older man sitting on a bench says, "Boy, you've got your hands full!" If this was normal I would somewhat agree, that Kade is a handful. But he usually listens. So at this point I just feel embarrassed because it looks like I can't handle the kid I have and I am pushing another one along with being pregnant.

So I grab him by the arm and I am not letting him go. We walk all the way to the car and I am telling him how naughty that he is being and about listening. I get him to the car and he is still not listening when I tell him to get into his seat, so at this point I am yelling at him or "raising my voice" at him to sit in his seat NOW and that he needs to listen better! I noticed a lady sitting by her car a few cars down. Once the kids are in the car and I am putting away the stroller she walks over and says in a high pitched fake voice, "Can I help you?" and I respond as kindly as I can, considering if she knew better she would leave me alone, "No thank you. I am fine." She continues on saying, "I know how hard it is to handle 5 year olds at the park. blah blah blah...I have three kids close in age and it's tough. Can I help?" I am thinking, lady obviously I don't need help with anything. What I need is for you to leave me alone before I start yelling at you! Also if you did have kids that were acting like mine you would realize how embarrassed I am and wouldn't have come over in the first place! After she kept going I said again, "I don't need any help. It's making it worse and embarrassing me more that you are even coming over here along with the remarks from the guy sitting on the bench. I don't need any help thank you." And then she continued to go on and on about how great it was that I was taking my son to the park being pregnant and having a small child and blah blah blah! Boy did I want to scream in her face to get the heck away from me! I don't know why she felt the need to come over, maybe because I was yelling at my son she thought I might start beating him or something. But she needs to mind her own business. If you know of or are a parent of a 5 year old little boy and have not yelled at him I would like to shake your hand for having such great patience. Just because I yelled at my son does not mean that I am going to beat him or that I abuse him.

Then I had a lady start talking to Kamryn and I today. When she asked what her name was and my response was Kamryn, she said,"She isn't a boy is she?" Boy was she lucky I had food in my stomach and a little time to cool off from the confrontation at the park. HELLO does she look like a boy? Is Kamryn a boys name only? It really didn't bother me that much but as I thought about it I was thinking who would say something like that. she pretty much just put down my daughters name to my face.

Then I had to stop at Hobby Lobby. I go to check out and the receipt is all weird so I asked a question to the cashier and she treats me like an idiot. I just took a deep breath and walked out of the store.

Now we are home and I am relaxing and I am going to try not to let the little things get on my nerves....this vent really helped!

signature

2 comments:

amyraye said...

oh boy. i miss those pregnancy hormones!
the good news is: tomorrow is a new day!

Marissa said...

I know you won't like this comment - but this post was pretty funny. Oh and yes - I scream at my 5 year old all the time - LOL!