Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sedona

I have finally been outside of the Phoenix area without just driving through. I have lived here almost 7 years now and sadly have not really stayed anywhere but Yuma (to visit my sister in law when she lived there and my grandparents when they lived there). Other than that we have just driven through areas and haven't stopped and enjoyed or explored the area. I have always wanted to go to Sedona and Ryan went recently so since tomorrow is his birthday he took the day off work and we had some fun. We drove up to Sedona and spent the day up there. Here are some pictures from our adventure.

We stopped at Sunset point. Kade was being a cranky boy and didn't want to participate in getting his picture taken.


Here is everyone on the car ride there....I ended up between the two kids because Kamryn needed to be entertained for the 2 hour car ride. This is one way I entertained Kamryn...

Kade again...not wanting to get his picture taken.




Kade got a nice close-up...Thanks Kade, you can practically see up my nose!

He was willing to take a picture of himself though!

When we first got to Sedona we ate at Open Range. It was pretty good food! The kids meal is pretty cool too. I guess I was impressed that they got a 4 pack of Crayola crayons to color on the menu and then the meal came with the main entree along with fruit (which was watermelon), cold veggies, seasoned fries and a cookie! I was jealous! I love all those things.
While the boys were in the restroom I took a few pictures of Kamryn. She was being so cute!


Then we went walking around to different little shops.




We sat down by a water fountain and had some ice cream. Kamryn loves ice cream!



Kade showing off his muscles!




Kade did a pretty good job taking our picture...I did crop it though!
Kamryn and I by one of the Pink Jeeps! I wish we could have went on a tour! One day...
Kade on the pink jeep!






I was trying to take a picture of something else (I don't even remember what) we were driving at the time and I got this random picture of a sign.


There was a pink pig but I didn't get a picture of that one...



Getting ready to go to the Outlets, which we thought would be fun, but there really weren't many stores. While we were there we went into a shoe store and Kade found the Sketchers (the light up ones) that he wants REALLY bad. Every time we see them he has to have them and has a huge meltdown when we won't get them. So Ryan had the idea of telling him to go out to the car with me while he bought them. Well Ryan really wasn't going to buy them and break the news to him later when it wasn't in front of a bunch of people in the middle of the store. So I went along with it and he had a meltdown later.
What a fun day!


signature

No comments: