Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

This morning Kade came running into our bedroom, yelling "the Easter Bunny came!" He named the things that the Easter Bunny left. He was already eating his chocolate bunny. He even offered to share his candy with me! Kade and Kamryn watched one of the gifts they received, The Princess and the Frog. Then we watched conference and I made Easter lunch/dinner. We had Funeral Potato's, BBQ chicken, fruit salad and of course corn (the only vegetable Kade will eat, and actually the only part of Easter dinner he did eat.) He is so picky, he must get it from me! Then after we cleaned up while conference was on we colored Easter eggs (we were too tired after partying all day yesterday, so we colored them today). We also were able to attend a very good friend of ours baptism. I am so excited for her and glad that she has chosen to be a member of the LDS church. I have always wanted her to feel the wonderful feelings that the church has made me feel. It has been a long time since I have been to a baptism It has been such an uplifting day with conference and then a baptism. It is when I am at gatherings like that with close friends or family that I feel Kooper's spirit the strongest. I love that feeling. It is really neat that she was able to be baptized on Easter Sunday. Thanks Nickey for inviting us!

The thing that I got most out of conference today is teaching your children about Jesus. It's kind of funny that in one of my posts earlier this week I talked about that being a goal of mine. To teach Kade to try and be like Jesus.

I am getting tired and ready to go to bed....here are some pictures from our day.

Kade's loot!
Kamryn's loot!

Kade and Ryan coloring in his new book.


Kade opening an Easter present from Grandma Anita and Grandpa Jeff



Kamryn opening her present from Grandma Anita and Grandpa Jeff along with help from Kade.














Kamryn in her new dress














Ryan and Kade coloring eggs!



Our eggs...Ryan did the pink one and it has everyone's names in our family on it. He also did the purple/blue one with the pink heart...It says I heart U Mommy! Mine is the rainbow looking one next to Ryan's purple/blue one. and the orange one. It has a monkey and Kooper's name on it. The rest are Kade's.


I didn't get a good picture of Kamryn in her Easter dress today, but she wore it last week to church and I tried to get a picture of her in it then too. So here it is, not a great picture but you can see her cute dress!




signature

No comments: