Monday, February 21, 2011

In honor of President's Day

For the past few weeks Kade has been learning about the presidents in school.  They have also been learning about money and that the presidents are on money. Kade's favorite president is Abraham Lincoln. He told me how sad he was that our president died and that he was shot in the back of the head. He also explained how sad he was that Abraham Lincoln died and he wishes he still was the president.  He told me that he wanted to be tall like a giant like Abraham Lincoln was. He told me about the statue and showed me the penny. I tried to explain to Kade that even if Abraham Lincoln didn't get shot that he would have been soo old that he would probably be dead anyway. We then talked about George Washington.  He doesn't really like George Washington or his curly hair. Part of his homework was to draw a picture of George Washington and he did not want to do it.  If I have time later today I might upload his drawings.

I love to hear Kade's take on things he learns in school. Kids are so funny!

signature

No comments: