Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day!

Valentines day is not in my top 5 holidays but it is still a fun holiday. Ryan knows that I am not a flower kind of girl. I love flowers but I hate that many times they are expensive and they just die. Especially since I have nothing close to a green thumb! If anything my thumb has gotta be brown because that is what color all my flowers or plants end up being! Don't get me wrong flowers make me smile, especially when they are for no reason....but I would rather the money be spent on something else like a date!

I think it is neat having a holiday just to celebrate the one you love and your relationship but really it shouldn't require a holiday to to something extra special for that person. But it is one and I have always enjoyed the day. A few of my favorite Valentines memories as a kid are:

The Valentine's Tea in Elementary school. We had to wear our Sunday best. So we got to wear dresses!

In second grade there was a snow day so we didn't have to go to school and I went out in the 2 or more feet of snow to hand deliver valentines to my friends.

Making Valentines boxes to take to school that each kid would put a Valentines in for each classmate.

One year we got a Super Nintendo for Valentines day from my parents.

Happy Valentines Day to my Valentine! I love you!

signature

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too sweetheart. I Love You!!!

Sarah said...

I totally agree with you on the flower thing! I'd rather go on a date too.