Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Does Andy have a dad?

The kids favorite move is Toy Story 3.  Kade has always loved the Toy Story movies too. Well today while I made dinner I decided to put in the first Toy Story because Kamryn had never watched it before. She had been around while it was playing but at that time she had no interest in movies. 

I remember myself wondering where the dad was in Toy Story. I remember thinking I wonder if kids even notice and today Kade did. He asked me, "Mom, does Andy have a dad?" I told him, "I don't know, do you think he has one?" Kade replied, "Nope, because I haven't seen him." I then let him think about it a little bit and he said, "Mom I want to see Toy Story 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. And it Toy Story 10 Andy has a Dad!"

I love his imagination. He then told me that Andy's dad must be at work.

I googled it and came across this article.

I think it is a good thing that they leave it up to the imagination because then each kid could relate it to their own circumstance. Weather their father is always at work, isn't in the picture at all or their Dad passed away. Whatever the situation may be they can make it their own.

signature

No comments: