Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to school!

So a little bit before Christmas break Kade would complain that his tummy hurt when he didnt't want to do something so he could get out of it.  Well yesterday it was time to go back to school and I got a call from the school nurse telling me that Kade was sick and he felt like he was going to throw up.  I beleive him because indeed he threw up in the classroom just before Christmas break!  I get him and it seems maybe his tummy might be bothering him a little bit but as soon as he gets into the car he is a hppy boy with no tummy ache in sight! I tell him that when we get home he is going to lay down. He quickly adds that he wants to watch TV and I tell him No TV because he is sick and needs his rest. He then tells me that he doesn't have a tummy ache anymore. I warned him that I would take him back to school since he was feeling better. I probably should have only there was less than an hour left and I didn't want to take him back to have to pick him up shortly after. He then complained that he hates school and doesn't want to go tomorrow. 
So this morning when he woke up he cried and whined about it all morning. He said, "If I go to school my tummy will hurt!" I reassured him that it wouldn't hurt and that he only goes to the nurses office if it hurts REALLY bad. I also warned him that I would not be picking him up from school and that he would be staying there all day.  I am a mom and I can pretty much tell when he is lying and telling the truth because he is NOT a good liar (thank goodness and hopefully it stays that way!) So I am hoping that things went better today. I tried to get out of him if he got in trouble or what he really didn't like about school yesterday. He usually loves it so it was kiind of odd. I think his tummy may have hurt just a little (probably from eating too fast so he could get out to recess) beacuse he went out to recess and that's when he started feeling sick and went to the nurse. What kids doesn't want to go to recess??  I think it triggered into his mind if he was sick enough he could come home and play. Maybe he got used to hanging out with all of us and just wanted to be back home with his family.
It reminds me of the poem in the book Where the Sidewalk Ends.

Sick, by Shel Silverstein

"I cannot go to school today,"
Said little Peggy Ann McKay.
"I have the measles and the mumps,
A gash, a rash and purple bumps.
My mouth is wet, my throat is dry,
I'm going blind in my right eye.
My tonsils are as big as rocks,
I've counted sixteen chicken pox
And there's one more--that's seventeen,
And don't you think my face looks green?
My leg is cut--my eyes are blue--
It might be instamatic flu.
I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,
I'm sure that my left leg is broke--
My hip hurts when I move my chin,
My belly button's caving in,
My back is wrenched, my ankle's sprained,
My 'pendix pains each time it rains.
My nose is cold, my toes are numb.
I have a sliver in my thumb.
My neck is stiff, my voice is weak,
I hardly whisper when I speak.
My tongue is filling up my mouth,
I think my hair is falling out.
My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight,
My temperature is one-o-eight.
My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,
There is a hole inside my ear.
I have a hangnail, and my heart is--what?
What's that? What's that you say?
You say today is. . .Saturday?
G'bye, I'm going out to play!"


I am hoping he will be back to the old Kade that LOVES to go to school so I don't have to worry about it anymore!

signature

2 comments:

Nicki said...

I LOVE Sarah palin's show! I am totally with you on that post. I bet it is hard for Kade to want to leave the family for school when you guys had so much fun over the break. Also school was never as cool as hanging out with my mom anyways. :)

Christy said...

Your new years goals are good! :) Mine are pretty similar. :) I watch the Sara Palin show too. That's funny! I'm terrified to go camping in Alaska though. If you need a rifle to camp that's not really my favorite place to be. haha!