Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Girls Night

Tonight we had a girls night! It was lots of fun to hang out with my Mom and sisters (my niece Tasia came along too)! I don't get to do it very often so I really enjoy the time that I get to spend with them.  I don't remember the last time we hung out, just us girls.

We went to dinner at the Olive Garden. Yummy! This always happens to me and it's funny because it always happens when my Mom is around.  There was a guy waiting on the table next to us and he started talking to this little boy. He asks, "What's your name?" The little boy says, "Cooper!" the waiter asks, "How old are you Cooper?" and when I heard that the little boy said his name was Cooper I listened more intently. And then when the little boy replied, "Two!" My heart just melted. I wanted my Kooper to be here so badly at that moment. Thoughts of how wild it would have been for Ryan watching 4 kids instead of 3 while I was out having a good time with my Mom and sisters went through my head. The wonder of what Kooper would be doing or saying or look like flashed through my mind. What would I be getting him for Christmas? I know he is in such a better place and I am grateful for that but the selfish part of me wants him to come back and be apart of our family here on earth.

A few days ago I was at Sam's club and they had this beautiful artwork. I can't remember who it is by but they have pictures of the different Temples and other things too and as I looked at them I saw this picture. It was the same picture but had a special finish done on it to make it look unique. It was in a beautiful frame.  I started crying. I pictured Jesus holding Kooper and taking care of him until we could be reunited again.


I love and miss him so much. Especially this time of year as we gather as families to celebrate the birth of our Savior.

I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family! I love them very much!

signature

1 comment:

Nicki said...

I love this picture. I hate and love this time of year. I hate that I miss my sister so bad and I love that we get to spend so much time with my family. You are such a good mom and your kids are so cute! Have a Merry Christmas.