Monday, December 28, 2009

For Kooper

In an earlier post I mentioned something that we would be doing for Kooper this Christmas. I wanted to donate a present to a little boy that would be Kooper's age in honor of my special little guy! I searched and searched the Angel Trees at Walmart and there were only clothes and almost every one was for an older kid. Not that I didn't want to donate to an older child but it really meant something to me to donate to someone that was Kooper's age.

So I just went ahead and bought something that I think I would have given Kooper this year if he were here. I bought this BIG legos. Because Kade is so into his legos lately. I figured that Kooper would want to do what his big brother would be doing. And that Kade would probably enjoy helping Kooper put together a lego tower and show him how it all works.

My friend Jenna mentioned to me that there were 2 boys around Kooper's age at her clinic that were on an Angel tree there so I donated it to the little boy at her clinic. Here is a picture of the items we donated to the little boy.
I am not sure if anyone else donated something in honor of Kooper. But I am glad I was able to. I got a message on one of my blog entries that Teri donated a basketball in honor of him.

Thanks to everyone who did something! I am sure it made a little boy's day when he got a gift when he probably wouldn't have otherwise.



I was sad that I didn't get Kooper's little tree to the cemetery. I bought a new 2 foot tree and some ornaments for him. The few weeks before we left for Utah were so hectic Ryan wasn't able to find some sort of stakes to hold it down. So the day before we left for Utah we went and took Kooper this cute little Christmas stick that had a windmill type tree on it. I checked out some of the other trees to see what they used to keep the tree standing and the ones I looked at didn't have anything. So I guess we could have taken it anyways. I feel like a bad Mom not getting his tree up. But I guess at least I have his big tree up at home.

Miss you like crazy little monkey!




signature

2 comments:

Young Family said...

We chose a name off the angel tree. I had to find one just the right age. I had fun shopping for him in remembrance of Scott. I think we will try to do this every year. Thanks for the idea. As I dropped the gifts off I got back in the car and realized I forgot to take a picture.

Marissa said...

Hi Kami - thank you for the idea. This year I did a 5k and donated mittens for a small boy and I also picked ornaments off of our church's giving tree and found some for a little boy whose initials were the same and Daniel's. It felt good - thanks again.