Saturday, December 12, 2009

My very first gingerbread house

I just had to post picture of my very first gingerbread house! I have always wanted to make one but I just never have. I remember when I was a kid my Aunt Amy would make a gingerbread house every Christmas and it always looked so cool. Then the other night I watched this huge Gingerbread house competition on TV. I don't remember if it was then that I said I wanted to make one or every time I went to Sam's Club and saw the kit. But anyhow I was soooo surprised when Ryan walked in with a gingerbread house kit! My sweet husband remembered how much I wanted to make one...and during his lunch break at work drove to Sam's club and picked it up.





I had tons of fun decorating it with him. I was glad Kade didn't want to be too involved because I wanted things in specific places and not random candies everywhere. So this is how it turned out.

Thanks sweetie!

On a side note, I felt kind of like a crazy women today and took Kade and Kamryn to the MALL!!!! Yes, I took kids to the mall by myself on a Saturday just weeks before Christmas. And the funny thing is that Kade and Kamryn were awesome. I think Kade felt a little intimidated by it being so crowded that he stayed close and held my hand almost the whole time, and Kamryn slept most of the time in the sleepy wrap! It was awesome! I have found that Kamryn and Kade are alot like me. They like to get out of the house and walk around stores. Ryan on the other hand would rather be at home watching football!

And I just had to post a few random pictures of Kamryn.



signature

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Kami - all of your kiddos are so sweet!! I love Kamryn's chubby cheeks!! She is precious! Glad you guys had fun at the made it through the mall in one piece :) Your gingerbread house is gorgeous and kudos to Ryan for being so in tune with his wife to bring you that kit. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!