Friday, December 11, 2009

Believe

The other night I saw on the news a story about a firefighter from AZ. He was out elk hunting and there were 60 mph winds that caused a tree to fall down onto his tent instantly killing him. He has a wife and 3 young kids. It must be so hard for this family to lose a loved one so close to the holidays. It does make me feel better to know that they have the same religious belief as I do and they do believe that families are forever and they will be reunited once again. But it still makes me wonder, How can I help?

Well I went to check for blog updates this morning of people's blogs I follow and I noticed that Summertime Designs was updated, which is a digital scrapbooking blog I follow. This wonderful women creates digital scrapbook kits and lets you download them for FREE. But you can also make donations. Well she has made this year's Christmas Kit in honor of this sweet family. And any donations made will go to help this family. The name of the kit is called Believe. Go here to read the entire story and also to download your free digital scrapbook kit and then DONATE to this wonderful family.

This once again reminds me how precious are time on earth really is. To really try and live each day to the fullest and cherish the moments we have with our family and friends. Sometimes as much as I wish that it would all just go by fast so that Kooper can be in my arms again. I remind myself that I should savor these moments and make good memories with my family and friends now and I will have that chance to make more memories with Kooper one day.


signature

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I heard this story too, his family lives very close to us. It is soo horrribly sad that this happened. I will definitely go check out that site since I have been hoping to find a way to help them as well. Thanks!