Friday, September 4, 2009

Thankful

I haven't had much to post about lately, but I just wanted to express my gratitude and thankfulness for a healthy body and for a healthy family. There are some many illnesses out there and my family and I have been pretty lucky to have not had to experience these (knock on wood). I have been following Gracie's Blog for a while. She is a beautiful Angel Girl who had Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and then a heart transplant. She passed away earlier this year. She has an amazing story. I was looking at her blog today and saw a post from a few days ago that her Mom made. It had a video that Paul Cardall (love his music) had put together for Congenital Heart Disease. Seeing so many children with those heart problems broke my heart. Paul Cardell wrote a beautiful piece titled Gracie's Song. There is a beautiful slideshow to go with it. It made me realize how lucky I am. I know her pain of losing a child, but not the pain and suffering of seeing my baby in pain. She is so beautiful. Grab a tissue before you watch these!



No comments: