Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Primary Program

On Sunday Kade was in his very first Primary Program. I am so proud of him! He did such a great job. His teacher told me after practice that he needed to speak a little louder. So Saturday night Ryan practiced it with him having him say it loud and clear and much to our surprise our little shy boy said his part perfectly!

When I first got the note about his part in the program it almost made me cry. His class had to answer the question Why did you come to earth? (or something of the sort) and Kade's answer was, "To be a big brother." The answer being so practical for him because he is the oldest child and does in fact have siblings. For me the answer wasn't just as practical but meant much more to me. Just those few simple words made me feel like Kooper wasn't forgotten. That was Kade's answer to the questions. I don't know if his teacher helped him pick his answer or not. But it meant much more because he is a a big brother to a very special spirit. Even before we had Kamryn he was proud to be a big brother. We practiced his part every night before he said his prayers and went to bed. He is a very proud big brother!

I remember last year listening to the kids talk about their eternal families and singing those favorite children's songs. I ended up crying through most of it.

This year when I went to pick up Kade from his practice they were still practicing. I sat in the foyer and listened and as I heard them sing Families are Forever the tears began to flow and I thought, "Oh man I am not going to make it through the program tomorrow" But I did! Luckily I only got a few tears in my eyes and was able to hold it together. I feel the spirit so strong especially listening to those kids sing about the church and the gospel and share their testimonies.

I am thankful for Kade's primary teacher. She just started teaching him not too long ago. I like that she knows about Kade being a big brother to Kooper. She has a special understanding because she has a little Angel Baby like me. I don't know if it ever happens but I am sure if as she teaches Kade that if something is relavent she can point out to Kade about his little brother. On Sunday I asked Kade if he had fun and if he liked his teacher. He replied with a huge smile sounding really excited said, "Yessss!"

signature

1 comment:

Teri said...

is so sweet! I have to day I was in tears almost all sunday.... hearing the program and the power of those sweet children singing about eternal families, then they sang in primary too!!! They bring the spirit so strong when they sing!!!