Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sunday

Sunday seemed to be somewhat of an eventful day. Kade had his very fist talk in Primary at church. We weren't quite sure how he would act or respond. Sometimes in front of new people or alot of people he gets pretty shy, starts to mumble and not want to participate. As we hyped up how fun it was going to be to give a talk in primary he kept doing the I don't want to do it attitude.

The time came for Kade to give his talk and he did AWESOME! I was so proud of him. He didn't mumble his words...okay maybe one or two, but I am super proud of him. I was told that the entire time he had the biggest smile on his face (I was looking at his paper helping him and didn't see his face.) He talked about How the Prophet helps strengthen our Family. Good Job Kade!

Then this caused Ryan and I to get on the subject of the fact that I never put gas in the car. Do any of you have this problem like I do???

So Sunday continued on and I almost didn't make it to work (well sort of). Ryan's second cousin asked him to let her dog out Sunday night since she would be out later and unable to be home to let him out to go potty. Originally Ryan was going to drop me off at home and drive out to her house and let her dog out and come back before I had to go to work. His cousin lives 30-45 minutes away depending on traffic. As I thought about it I decided that I would go with Ryan because on the weekends we don't get to spend much time together with me working so I figured the car would give us some time to just talk and catch up on what was going on and spend some time together. We made a quick stop at home and I grabbed my scrubs in case he had to take me straight to work. I grabbed my clothes and my phone and out the door I went. As we were driving we realized that we were VERY low on gas, and yes it's all my fault! So we would have to break the Sabbath day to get gas. When we were half way there Ryan said, "The gas light is on, I completely forgot to stop and get gas." And I said, "There is a Chevron on 51st avenue." Ryan's reply, "I don't have my wallet." Just a little bit panicky I replied, "Neither do I!". So we were trying to figure out what to do, we didn't have enough gas to make it back home. So our friends parents came to mind that lived very close to where we were. I called them and asked if their parents were home and luckily they were and they gave us $5 for gas. So we get gas and then we have the dilemma we could make it home easily and then Ryan would have to drive all the way back out to his cousins with the kids in his car that doesn't really have air conditioning or we could chance it and go there let the dog out and go home. We knew it would be close but the dog needed to be let out. But I had faith that we could make it (and almost the entire way there and back I just prayed that we would be able to make it). And when we were almost to his cousins house the battery on my cell phone was very low so at that point I was even more worried that if we ran out of gas we didn't have any money or a phone to call anyone on. Based on the mileage calculation it would be VERY close! So on we went and we finally made it back home on fumes!

Needless to say I am going to try to be better to keep gas in my car so we never have to experience that again! It is probably a good thing I went because Ryan was going to take my car because his A/C is horrible! He only had his driver's license with him, no phone either, so he wouldn't have had a phone to contact me plus I can't drive a stick, which his car is. So if he wanted me to come get him that wouldn't happen! I could probably drive it but I really wouldn't want to put my kids in that kind of danger. I would probably end up stalling it and then have someone rear end me!

signature

No comments: