Friday, June 19, 2009

Kamryn Lyla Perry




Little Miss Chubby Cheeks has arrived and the ultrasounds were correct in the fact that she has lots of hair and chubby cheeks and that she is a girl. Also there was no knot in her cord! YAY. They were incorrect in the estimated weight...

Kamryn arrived Wednesday June 17th, 2009 at 9:34am. She is 21 inches long and weighed 8lbs 1 ounce.

Our scheduled induction for Monday night was delayed and then Labor and Delivery failed to slow down so it was looking more like a Wednesday night induction. Well I was having contractions so we ended up going in Tuesday at 6:00. I had progressed since my Monday morning and was regularly contracting so they kept me. Unfortunately they were so busy that I wasn't moved to a delivery room until 12:30 on Wednesday morning but I was just glad to be there!

So they started pitocin, broke my water and then I got my epidural. I had wonderful nurses. My favorite was Amy. She said not only is she a nurse but a personal birthday party planner. After my epidural my blood pressure dropped so they gave me a medication to increase my heart rate. In turn Kamryn's heart rate increased so the pitocin was shut off for a while and I was put on oxygen. Once we both got back to normal we started with the pitocin again and I was on my way.

She was facing the wrong way "sunny side up" just like Kade and fortunately the doctor was able to turn her as she came down the birth canal. It took a little effort by the doctor to help get her out because her heart rate was dropping a little during the contractions and she wasn't coming out very well....probably those cheeks! We finally got her out and when I heard she was 8 pounds I almost died!

She is such a blessing and we are so lucky to have her.


Proud Big Brother!

Kade has been so excited for her to come home. He kept asking if she was coming home with us. He also said today, "Mommy you have two babies!" and I asked him who my babies were. He replied, "Kamryn and Kooper".
Besides the moment of hearing her cry for the first time what hit me the most is when I sat down next to her in the car as we left the hospital. I was actually bringing my baby home. I know my "other" baby is in good hands and is safe from all the evils of the world. But the feeling of getting to bring your baby home is so wonderful!

Kamryn you are a lucky girl to have such great brothers!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats! She sure is cute! I wish we lived closer, I would love to be able to hold her and pinch her cute cheeks! :)

Shandi said...

Congratulations!! She's very cute, what a lucky girl to have such great parents and big brothers! I'd love to help out w/anything if I lived closer! Take care!

Young Family said...

I'm so glad she is here safely. She is beautiful!

Sarah said...

Congratulations!! She is gorgeous!! So glad everything went so beautifully :)

Lori said...

I can't believe how big she was!!! Congratulations, she is beautiful!

Brian and Jessica said...

She's adorable! And so big!! That is just crazy! Hope everything is going good, I'll be down next week, I'll have to call ya so I can come by and meet her! Isn't a wonderful feeling to have her home and in your arms, after loosing one?! It'll make next month a little easier too! :D