Thursday, March 3, 2011

Running backwards

Early Wednesday morning as I was finishing up work I had the desire to go running when I got home or at least try to go running. I wasn’t sure how far I would make it. It has been way too long since the last time I ran. As the last few hours went by my eyes were getting heavier and I knew that I wasn’t going to make it on my run. So Wednesday night as I was having chips and salsa at 9pm I told myself I better go running in the morning to offset this horrible habit of late night eating. That habit should probably be broken.

Side note: Being pregnant for 3 years and then nursing for 7 months after that really ruins how much and when to eat. I am not the healthiest eater but being pregnant or nursing always gave me the excuse to basically eat when and how much I wanted. Now that I am not “eating for two” I need to act like it and really watch what I eat before I weigh as much as I did when I was 9 months pregnant!

So anyhow I got up this morning and told myself I was going to go running and that I had to start sometime, why not today? I loved running before. It brought so much clarity and actually gave me time to think about the things I wanted to think about instead of being interrupted by one of the kids.

So I got dressed and off I went.

I hate running.

I struggled so bad. I don’t know if it is getting back into the routine or if I just don’t like It. I think part of it was I wasn’t distracted by my music because my iPod lost all it’s music just so I could sync it to another computer so Kamryn can watch Toy Story 3 on it. I just need to get the motivation to move my music onto the same computer.  I guess we will see. I hope that my love for running that I had after I had Kamryn will return. I love the idea, but the actual process today totally sucked.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

the Varley Family said...

All your thoughts were my exact thoughts on my first run a few months ago too! It's so hard at first! My advice...come running with us! (Christy and I) It's so much better having someone to run with and conversations to distract you from how boring running can get. We're taking this week off, but I think we're going on Saturday morning if you want to come ;)