Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day


Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. It is hard to believe that just over 14 months ago I was a happy and healthy pregnant mother so excited and waiting for my little Kooper to come out and play! The thought never came across my mind that at 38 1/2weeks I could actually lose my son. I remember when I reached 30 weeks my friend Jenna and I were so relieved because at that point if they were to come early we knew there chances of survival were pretty good. And then after reaching 36 weeks we knew or thought we knew that everything would be fine. All week new was that in four weeks or less we would both have healthy babies in our arms.


Kooper Leland Perry was born on July 11, 2008. He died the night before due to a true knot in his umbilical cord. I think that the news that he was gone was the most shocking news I have ever received and ever hope to receive. He was so perfect, too perfect for this world. He is doing greater things now, serving in heaven and making his Mama proud! I am proud to be his mother, to be chosen to carry his pure little spirit! He is safe now and I look forward to raising him one day.


I love you Kooper!


Please in remembrance of my Kooper or for anyone that has experienced a loss, light a candle at 7:00 pm in remembrance of our Angels!


signature

3 comments:

Marissa said...

I lit a candle for Kooper.
Marissa

Jenna Burningham, OTR/L said...

Lighting a candle... Miss you little buddy. :(

Jenny from the Blog said...

Candle lit for your little monkey!