Thursday, October 22, 2009

4 months and 4 1/2 year check ups

Yesterday was a dreadful day, not only did I have to take both Kade and Kamryn to the doctor for check-ups I had to hold them both down while they each got 4 shots! Kamryn is a growing girl and is in the 95% for her height and weight!

Kade is in the 75% for his height and weight. He was not too happy to find out that he would have to get shots though. He refused to talk to the doctor. I think he is scared of people in scrubs! Finally when she asked him if he had a bike he opened up and started talking until she wanted to check his male parts! I honestly don't remember them doing that since he was a baby. But then again this is a different doctor. I feel like he is going to be scarred for life after having to hold him down not only for that but then again so they could poke his legs 4 times! It was funny because he refused to take his bandaids off until this morning when I reassured him that Kamryn's were off. He still walks funny when he first stands up from sitting down. I am sure they are tender. Surprisingly I do remember getting those "kindergarten shots" as a little girl too. I remember I stayed the night at my Grandma Alder's house that night and the next day when I tried walking down her stairs my legs hurt a little bit.


Here is Kade showing off his bandaids.

Today Kamryn had a low-grade fever but all is well now except for the fact that she must have a tooth trying to break through her lower gums...I know it probably won't actually start to try and actually breath through the top gums or have a bump for a while. But that girl screams and screams until you give her something to chew on and if you don't she grabs a blanket near her or her first and starts chewing on that. She is also slobbering soo much! I thought I still had a while before I had to worry about teething...I guess not, but I am sure it will be a long while before I find any relief.

signature

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Mia is drooling like crazy too! She constantly has her hands in her mouth. They grow up SO fast - its amazing!

Malory said...

My son is 6 &he still talks about his 4 yr old physical with the 4 shots! It was terrible for both of us!