Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good News!

So....I have some excited news that some of you may already know, but Ryan and I are expecting our 3rd little one on July 11th (due date is tentative!). Based on the ultrasound today I am not sure what due date we are going off of. When I first found out I was pregnant I went into the doctors and Dr. McKernan did a little Ultrasound on his old machines that he keeps in his rooms for fun. And I saw what looked to be a little grain of rice! I was only around 5 weeks pregnant. They took some blood to test all my levels and that fun stuff. Everything looked good, and Dr. Mckernan ordered an ultrasound for a few weeks later. When we went in for the ultrasound the tech said our due date looked to be July 11th based on the size and everything. It was a little shocker because at my earlier appt based on my last period I would be due July 2nd. It also was also a shocker because that is the day Kooper was born. I was a little happy because it felt like a tender mercy from the Lord telling me that everything would be alright. As soon as we told the ultrasound Tech she said, Oh, it actually looks like the 10th. I am pretty sure she changed it, thinking it was sad for us. Because she printed off ultrasounds for us that had both dates, the 10th and 11th.

So today we went in for an Ultrasound where they measure the nuchal fold at the neck and measure the nasal bone. They also drew my blood. The ultrasound is done to check for chromosomal defects. My doctor warned me not to get freaked out about anything they say, because anything they might think looks a little off could be wrong and that they don't diagnose anything. He said I didn't have to have it done if I didn't want to.


I figured that I would do it so I could see my little baby kicking around. A few weeks earlier at a previous appointment I got to see on the old U/S machine the baby kicking its legs. During this ultrasound the baby wasn't as active, but was moving around and his/her hands were up by his/her face.


I also was glad I was doing this because sometimes when I look back I felt like no one said there is a chance your baby could die, there is a chance your baby could wrap itself around it's lifeline and die. I felt like I was in a fantasy world and that it couldn't or wouldn't happen to me. I felt like Kooper was guaranteed especially after 36 weeks. No one said here is the risk. I know some may get freaked out about it, but I felt like I didn't know or maybe I just ignored it when I heard it. It may have only been 1%, but that 1% happened to me. So I figured I don't want any surprises. Of course it is all in God's hands but I want to be prepared.


Anyhow everything looks good. Ryan was a little freaked out but I am optimistic and our baby looks great for now!


Below is the ultrasound from earlier today!





So I am anywhere between 12 weeks 4 days and 13 weeks 5 days. The Tech today said I was measuring right in the middle. As of now, I have no idea what date my doctor is going off of. I will have to ask at my next appt.

7 comments:

Young Family said...

I am so excited for you. It is so wonderful having a new baby in the house. I pray everything goes well.

Lori said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting!

kaiserarizona said...

Congratulations Kami! We are so happy for you!

Shandi said...

Oh I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations!

The Park's said...

Congrats!!! That is very exciting.

Bowdens said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!

Marissa said...

Congratulations Kami! Thank you for the comment. We are only a few days apart so we're probably traveling along the same road - here's to hoping we get to the end quickly! You have a beautiful family!
Marissa