Sunday, January 11, 2009

Time goes by so fast...


I am so amazed out how fast time flies by! It seems like only yesterday I was pregnant with Kooper and then holding him in my arms in disbelief that something like this could or would ever happen to me.


Kooper,

You are such a special boy! You have touched so many people and have brought families closer together and most importantly reminded your family what the most important thing in this life is. You have taught me so much and helped me become closer than ever to our Heavenly Father and our Christ. You are have such a sweet spirit and I can't wait until I can hold you in my arms again. Your big brother misses you so much.

I know you are in the best place anyone could be; away from all the evils of this world. Watching over us. We love and miss you so very much and think about you every day. Till we meet again!
Hugs and Kisses
Mommy, Daddy and Kade

There are times I think of Kooper and my heart hurts because I am being selfish and wish that he were here. My heart hurts even more when I think of Kade and his feelings on having a little brother, but not actually having him here. Today he saw a baby and said, "Mom, I want one of those." He loves it when another baby or kid younger than he is around. I can't wait for Kade to be a big brother to an earthly brother or sister so he can experience being the big brother. I know he will be great at it!
Anyways this post is supposed to be about Kooper. He would have been six months old today. Yesterday as I was driving to work I was thinking about what he would look like now. If he would be really chubby like Kade was, if he would still have lots of dark hair or if it would have all fallen out. If he would have teeth yet. If he would be sleeping through the night or up every 3-4 hours to eat. What color would his eyes be? What would his laugh sound like when his silly big brother made a funny face?
I am so thankful for the sacrifice our loving Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ have made so that we could be forgiven for our sins and be with our families again. Not only to be resurrected but to also be forgiven and try our best to be like Christ and for the opportunity that we have to be together with him in his Kingdom. I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation and the Church. I would be lost without it.

Sorry about the post being all over the place. I guess I have many mixed emotions today.

2 comments:

Young Family said...

I understand your feelings. It is hard to explain how it seems like just yesterday our babies died but at the say time it seems like forever.

It helps me to think that my little Scott has friends like Kooper to be with in Heaven. I just know they must be doing some pretty important work.

Sarah Garner said...

Kami, congratulations on the new little baby! I'm so excited for you!

Happy 6 month angel day Kooper. You are right, time flies. We are coming up on our 1 year mark next month and it seems unreal that it's already been a year, yet at the same time I can't believe it's only been a year since our lives completely changed. It seems like a different life time!