Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SaraJane's Baby Blessing

Jenna, SaraJane and I
A week ago Sunday I got the privelidge to go to my best friend Jenna's ward and watch her beautiful baby girl, SaraJane's aka Baby Jane (that is what Kade calls her) baby blessing. She was so beautiful in her pretty white dress! I got the opportunity to help Jenna pick it out and I even got to help her try it on.



I had to post this one too, because she has a half smile!

SaraJane holds a special place in my heart, because of the closeness Jenna and I had being pregnant at the same time. She is like a daughter to me. Her and Kooper were only due a few days apart and went through many milestones together. I am sure they were friends in heaven. As Jenna and I schemed to make our appointments on the same day, and meet for breakfast afterwards, went baby shopping and spent hours on the phone talking about the way we were feeling and what our babies were doing. I came to know SaraJane before the rest of the world met her. I talked to her a lot as Jenna talked to Kooper a lot too.

She has such a sweet spirit and is such a sweet baby. I love to look at her and see the milestones Kooper would be going through. She is a blessing to everyone she meets.

When Kade saw her he instantly wanted to hold her and told me she was a princess. He has a special place in his heart for Baby Jane. It is funny when he is around her always worrying when she cries and wanting to help feed her a bottle or just looking at how cute she is. He would be a great big brother to Kooper. He brings up Kooper a lot around Baby Jane. He doesn't fully understand where Kooper is, except for when we visit him it is where his headstone is and when we ask him where he is, he says he is with Heavenly Father and Jesus. That is good enough for me.

Just today while he was taking a bath he held up the octopus bath toy and said, "it's Kooper" and Ryan said, "no Kooper's not an octopus" and I had to remind Ryan that we got the bath toys as a shower gift to Kooper. And when Kade found them after Kooper died I told Kade they were Kooper's but he could have them.

Kade has a great memory of his little brother. He loves to go into Kooper's room and sit in the rocking chair. When he gets a new toy he always tells me that he will share it with Kooper. So even though Kooper's not here, Kade is a great big brother and enjoys getting all the practice he can on Baby Jane!

I am sad that I didn't get to pick out a blessing outfit for Kooper or get to watch his Daddy bless him. But Jenna helped pick out his burial outfit which was basically a blessing outfit. She shopped around everywhere with her mom looking for the perfect one. Sending me tons of pictures until we found it, so in a way I guess I did pick it out and it was perfect. He was so handsome! They would have made a cute little couple!

3 comments:

Jenna Burningham, OTR/L said...

Cute couple for sure. Kooper did look so handsome in his burial outfit. Quite the stud. Thanks for coming to the blessing. The day wouldn't have been the same without you. What would she have down without her second mommy. ;)

The Park's said...

That is such a cute picture of you and a sweet baby. They are so precious when they are newborns. I'm so sorry for your loss...as i was reading your post i got the chills so bad, but i wanted you to know that I am thinking about you. Hope all is well for you. Your such a strong person.

Sarah Garner said...

What a beautiful little girl! Even though sometimes seeing those little ones that are the same age as our angels would be is a painful reminder that they are not here... it is also an uplifting reminder that life goes on, it is beautiful, and we will one day get our chance to experience all the milestones they hit on this earth, with our babies on the other side!

One of my best friends had her little girl on my daughters due date. I don't see them very often, so it was weird to see her the other day crawling around on the floor. But it is comforting to know that we have a little bonus waiting for us on the other side!