Sunday, October 19, 2008

I have a confession...

For those of you who don't know I love to read. I have always loved to read especially mysteries and love stories! I love Mary Higgins Clark and Nicholas Sparks. When my younger sister Ashley came to visit this summer she was reading alot. I asked her what she was reading, I don't remember at the time which book it was but it was a Stephenie Meyer book from the Twilight series. I asked her what it was about, and she told me. Vampires?! I was definately uninterested. She kept telling me that it was really good. I had run into a few people who had asked if I had ever read the series (this was around the time that the fourth book would be coming out). Everyone I had talked to only said how great the books were. I never heard a bad comment on them.

When I frist started blogging and looking at others blogs I learned that lots of people loved this series. I had been looking for a good book, that I was sure to like. So I asked my sister to mail hers to me to read. She sent me the book about two weeks ago. I read the first few pages of the first chapter and I was totally not into it. I couldn't get past those first few pages knowing this book is about vampires. It seemed so stupid. How could this be any good. I hate fiction and sci-fi books and movies, how could I like this?

So Saturday I was so bored and really wanted to read, but was too lazy to go to the store or library. I grabbed the 500 page book and began. I figured I would read the first few chapters and then if I still wasn't interested I wouldn't waste my time.

I got a few chapters in and as I realized that the main character wasn't the vampire and that she was smart and didn't at the time really beleive in vampires I was hooked! The love story and the mystery in the begining of what and who Edward really was intrigued me. I feel kind of bad today because for most of the day I had ignored Kade and when Ryan got home from work I didn't pay much attention to him. I stopped every once in a while to eat and to pay a little attention to my family but I just couldn't put the book down. I had escaped into my own world and had some much needed "me time". By midnight I kept telling myself one more chapter, but the book just kept getting better and better! As I kept telling myself one more chapter I realized there were only a few chapters left. I finished the book and when I was done it was 2:38 am.

It has been a while since I had read a book. And I have to confess I am now on the Twilight bandwagon. I loved the book and can't wait to start the next one!

I figured every other person out there has posted their love for the book, why not me?
I realized that sometimes you have to give things you didn't think you were interested in a chance.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I have never read them either. But I have really been thinking that I need to lately. I think you just talked me into it.

Anonymous said...

I was skeptical at first too but once I started reading the first book I really got into it. I have read the first 3 & have the 4th but I haven't started it yet. I read the 1st & 2nd last year so I've re-read the 1st & now on the 2nd trying to refresh my memory! :)