Sunday, July 12, 2009

Kooper's Birthday!

Yesterday was for the most part a good day. I cried, I laughed and spent the day with my family remembering Kooper. Ryan got off work early and we went and got balloons to release at the cemetery. My Mom brought down this cute bird thing (hard to describe) and I taped on it a sign that says, "I'm a big brother!". I also bought some new flowers to replace the faded ones. I would have posted photos of them but when we got to the cemetery we again found a ran over, dented vase. I started to get very upset. I was there on the anniversary of my sons birth/death and his vase had been ran over and dented and the rude person that did this did not have the decency to replace the vase. I calmed down very quickly when Ryan said we would drive over to the cemetery office and report it all and make sure it NEVER happens again. So later this week when the vase gets replaced I will post pictures of the cute sign and bird.


The poor vase......:(






Kade let his balloon go early accidentally.

div>


Later that day Kade was in our dirt backyard and made a rock pile. He called me out and told me that he made it for Kooper. Then he asked if we could go pick him up. I asked him where he was and his reply was heaven. I told him we couldn't go get him and his reply was that he really wanted his balloon back.

Later that night Ryan had to run to the grocery store. On the way there they saw an airplane up in the sky. Ryan began to talk to Kade about how he and Mommy and Kamryn would be going on an airplane in a week or so and that he needed to help me and be brave because it was going to be soooo fun! (last airplane trip we almost got kicked off because he wouldn't stop screaming that he wanted to get off the plane). Kade continued to ask if he could pick Kooper up when he was up in the airplane since Kooper is in heaven which means the sky to Kade.


To end our day we had cake and sang Happy Birthday to Kooper!

4 comments:

Jenna Burningham, OTR/L said...

I love the CAKE its so cute. Sounds like a good day. We thought about you all day (not that I dont normally). Can't wait to see the new vase and flowers.

Sarah said...

That cake is adorable, you guys are incredible parents and Kade is such a loving brother building that pile of rocks what a thoughtful little guy. Happy Birthday Kooper!!

Young Family said...

Cute cake. I am so sorry about the vase. I'm glad you had a good day.

The Gatherers said...

Oh my goodness I am in tears! Happy Birthday baby Kooper!