Sunday, July 19, 2009

Boys will be boys!

Today as I put a scoop of dog food in CJ's dog bowl a memory came back to me that I never want to forget. It will also bring lots of laughter to Kade's girlfriends when he gets older. Girls may NEVER want to kiss him (which is perfectly fine with me)!

From the time Kade could crawl around we have had to hide or put up CJ's dog food. I don't know why but he loved it. The thought of tasting it, even the smell makes me want to puke. Up until about a year ago I would find Kade in the laundry room putting dog food in his mouth. You would think that I starve the kid or refuse him food. I would tell him, if you are hungry, let me know and I will find you something to eat.

Sometimes I would have to pry his mouth open just to get it out. Boys are weird....

When I told my Dad about this horrible habit or fetish Kade had with dog food he went on to to tell me that when he had to go help out on the farm as a kid, him and his brothers would go into the shed where the dog food was, and eat it. My dad is probably going to kill me for putting it on my blog, but REALLY??? Dog food?? Come on! I guess I just don't understand boys!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It may not be just a boy thing, Makenna loves the dog food too. Ever since she was able to crawl we had to do the same thing. Put it up or hide it too. I always wonder why she won't eat real, yummy food but she will eat dog food. Silly kids!

Shandi said...

Thats too funny! I remember Kade trying to eat my dog's food once when you guys were visiting..he was obsessed w/ the dog food and the stairs! What a silly boy, a very cute silly boy!