Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A new day and a wonderful husband.

I couldn't stand knowing that I had such a negative blog post as the first thing on my blog. Yesterday was just a bad day, today is a new day. I got up and decided that there are many things I cannot change and the serenity prayer came to my mind. I first heard this prayer from my mother-in-law as I dreaded the day Ryan would leave for college:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can;and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr

So I am just taking things day by day choosing to be happy because there are some things I just cannot change.

I was looking through some old pictures and found this one of Ryan holding Kade. I just want to let my husband know how much I love him and that he is such a great Dad.





Kooper with his Daddy!
I look forward to that day when he will hold and reunite with his son again! And I am excited for the day he will get to hold his baby girl!
By the way...he is cooking me dinner right now!

2 comments:

Jenna Burningham, OTR/L said...

That was a great post. I love you and Ryan. Wish I could spend more time with the BOTH of you. Great friends and parents!

Marissa said...

What a good hubby! I got a fortune cookie the other day that said "Accept the things you can not change and you will feel better" - it reminded me of the serenity prayer. Once we get past acceptance I think it makes our hearts so much lighter. Marissa