Monday, September 15, 2008

Kooper's Monkey

So last February when my parents were visiting for my graduation we went to The Phoenix Zoo. We bought Kade a stuffed monkey named Swinger. So when we went to bury Kooper we wanted Kade to be able to give Kooper something. Since his room was a monkey theme and I refered to him as my little monkey, and because it basically felt like I had a monkey in my tummy! We wanted to give Kooper a monkey like Kades.

I looked everywhere for this monkey and found out that Swinger was a retired TY Beanie Buddy. So we asked Kade if he wanted to give his monkey to Kooper to keep him company. And Kade said yes and he was more than willing to give his monkey to him. What an awesome big brother! You can see in my first post in July the monkey sitting looking over Kooper during the memorial.


So I decided that I wanted to get more monkeys one for Kade to remember his little brother by and one to display in our house. So I am searching all over ebay and Kade is looking over my shoulder and I find the monkey and immediately he says, "It's Kooper's monkey!" So I decided to buy a few since I will never be able to find these again.


Well today we got our monkeys and Kade was so excited. He has been carrying it around everywhere and talking about how Kooper has one just like that one. I just wanted to share some pictures the first one is of Kade giving his monkey to Kooper at the memorial. Sorry we didn't get the best picture of that, and then the others are of Kade and his monkey that's just like Koopers!








2 comments:

Jenna Burningham, OTR/L said...

Kade looks sooooooooo cute with Koopers monkey. I miss you...Cant wait to hangout!!!

Lori said...

It was nice to finally meet you today. The spirit is so sweet and abundant in you home. Thankyou for sharing it(and your blog) with me.