Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cook, Who me? Couldn’t be!

Those that know me well know I don’t like to cook very often. I love to bake but not cook. When I do cook is is always the same stuff. I would say I try something new maybe once or twice a year, not even exaggerating, ask my poor husband! I could name the last 4 things I tried cooking for the first time and the first of the 4th was done when Kamryn was about 4 months old.  Pinterest has popped the bubble because in the last couple days I have baked something new and cooked something new. Monday I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies, they were sooooooo good. I forgot to add the coco, but they were still good. So if you happen to not have coco and want to make them you can and they will still turn out. Also I recommend using a glass pan if you have it because they seemed to turn out better than the ones I baked in a non stick baking pan.  They are super easy, Ryan was asking me today if I wanted him to go buy some more pumpkin so I could make some more.

Tonight I made Chick-fil-a chicken nuggets and they were delish! Kade even said they were way better than Chick-fil-a and they were SUPER easy. My biggest problem with recipes is that they call for things I don’t normally buy so I have to make “special” trips to the store and then if I don’t feel like trying the new recipe I am stuck with the ingredients and usually they end up going bad. But this recipe only calls for the day to day things that everybody should have in their cupboard.

Next on the list to try are Cheesy Ranch Potato Bake and Crock pot orange chicken.

Thank you pinterest for inspiring me to cook new things!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Yum! You are making me hungry! I might have to try the nuggets!