Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I get to see my girl twice a week now!

I am so glad that today is my FRIDAY! YAY! Yesterday morning I had my weekly ultrasound called a BPP (which I now know stands for Biophysical Profile) This is what they do:
The BPP measures your baby's heart rate, muscle tone, movement, breathing, and the amount of amniotic fluid around your baby.

Well Tuesday we found out that the baby is now breach (last week she was head down). So I am hoping she will turn again and then stay put! She is measuring 4 lbs 4oz. Which is on the bigger side, but the good news is she is on track since the last ultrasound. She is gaining what the doctors would expect, a half a pound a week. Unfortunately I have been having a lot of anxiety and fear lately especially as it gets closer and closer to her coming. We did find out that right now the cord is around the neck. Not completely but going up over one shoulder around the back of the neck and then down the other shoulder. kind of like a boa (is that what those fluffy things are called? Anyhow the tech did a really good job of following the cord and making sure the blood flow was good.

I told Ryan, "These ultrasounds are supposed to make me feel better! Not scared out of my mind!" But we talked to the doctor and he is not concerned. 30% of baby's have the cord around their neck. So to keep a better eye on her and to put my mind at a little more ease I will be going in for BPP's twice a week! Which I think will be good for me and Kamryn.


It has been an emotional roller coaster that I cannot wait to get off of. I am sure my husband will be happy when I get off it too! FIVE more weeks....

I promise to get the nursery pictures up soon. I haven't had time to get my wall decor finished up, and hope to finish it up this week. Here are pictures of ultrasounds of my little "preciouscakes" as my doctor calls her.



Kamryn

10 tiny toes!

4 comments:

Young Family said...

Sacry. All will be okay. I will keep you and Kamryn in my prayers.

The room is darling.

Jenna Burningham, OTR/L said...

Oh my gosh she is ADORABLE! I really can tell she is sooooooo pretty.

Amy said...

oh Kami! I'm so glad they will do those ultrasounds for you. I can just imagine how scary it is. I'm so glad they could see the cord too. Why don't they look for it ALL the time?! ugh. Anyways...I'm happy for you. She is beautiful and the nursery looks great...we did bead board in Alexis' room too. I hope the next 5 weeks aren't too bad for ya.

Sarah said...

Kami, the nursery is sooo cute. I love the curtain! It is so fun. I wanted to do bead board so bad but my husband won that one. It looks adorable. Kamryn will love it too!